In order to keep the bus safe and comfortable for all passengers, please:
- When you see the bus approaching, wave from shoulder height to waist to get the driver’s attention.
- At night, reflective outerwear is very helpful for all passengers, not just the bus driver.
- If you are using a flashlight, please aim it towards the ground and not at the driver.
- Move safely back from the road edge and wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before boarding; allow passengers to exit the bus before you enter.
- Due to the non-level road and shoulders on Pender, use of the hand rails is strongly recommended when boarding and exiting.
- If you have luggage or large bags, please ask your driver for the best location to store them.
- Please sit while the bus is moving as we cannot carry standees.
- BC laws require you to fasten your seatbelt once you are seated.
- When approaching your stop, use the pull cord along the sides of the bus or call out to the driver to get their attention.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before getting up from your seat.
- Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.